t stuff that 'iloveyou' can't say
Thursday, March 08, 2007
developing technohate at 38
i swear i'm staying away from gadgets once you get here.

call me ungrateful, coz we're heaps luckier than lovers of yore, but damn it! our techno-substitutes just won't suffice.

i've got your face frozen in my phone, in my multiply site, in my wallet, in my artframe in my room. your many smiles that i know so well have been fossilized in countless of photos, yet i couldn't make out that naughty glint in your eyes anymore, nor could i see the softening of your features whenever i do smething that endears me to you. i always aim for that, love. nothing pleases me more than pleasing you.

i can command your voice to waft wherever i am, too. i've got your songs everywhere and i carry them with me all the time, but they just won't do. shared laughter with you makes my soul dance and do backflips on the floor. a groan from you sends alarm bells jingling in my body. a moan and a whisper... well you know where that leads to.

you come alive on my computer monitor, but it's not really fully alive. no hugs, no smells, no little pats (or pokes) on my backside. i couldn't even see if you've cut your nails or not. and i wanna see the tip of your tongue when you speak. and the rise and fall of your chest when you're getting frustrated. and the throbs at the base of your throat. and the beads of perspiration on your forehead. i couldn't even push back your glasses, as i am so fond of doing. couldn't feel your warmth (or should i say cool body temperature), nor could i knit my fingers with the yarn of your hands. it's just not enough love. i could drink so much of you. and still end up parched. soak me.

our conversations aren't in real time. a two-second lag and three hours time difference are mounds different from arguing face to face, with drops of my saliva spattering on your arm. words flashing in little windows written in cold stark business fonts fail to enunciate fear, yearning, adoration, sorrow, comfort. LARGETYPE fonts and miles of exclamation points !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just don't burn with anger. let's be mad... for each other.

wab just isn't. i still need you.

i bear the blisters of the cruelty of distance on my back. it grips me, sometimes. just like it did today. it wrapped itself on my legs like seaweed in a murky ocean. it's good that i learned how to tread water from you.

every day is a battle, love. we trained for this, right? and just like exercise, if we do it everyday, it will strengthen us.

at ease, soldier.
 
posted by lei at 7:58 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 8:53 AM, Blogger Ziggy

    and i am suddenly weakened by your words. when telling you that we're nearly there wouldn't even suffice. prayer is our refuge. All day i look forward to pouring my heart out to God. i don't want to question why because His ways are higher than ours. and yeah all these are what we should thankful for. the fact alone that this separation is building us makes me want to tread on this river against the flow. while holding your hand.

    grip tight pretty strong current still ahead. this is the storm after the calm.

    *headspins*