t stuff that 'iloveyou' can't say
Friday, February 16, 2007
58 at the airport gate
I just started submitting my own song compositions to highfiber.org, a community website based here in the Philippines when a user with the handle lusciouslei sent me a private message asking permission if she can use that song in her friendster blog. I don’t know why I gave in but I gave her the permission after a few exchange of messages wherein we also exchanged yahoo user id’s.

Her real name was Luanne which during that time I sometimes misspell as Louanne. Days after yahoo conversations I invited her on a date. It was at Shakey’s in Robinson’s Galeria, a mall near her office where I first saw her. She was pretty. The conversation was comfortably smooth flowing though it all ran around on how are you going to make a soup out of a chicken barbecue. After that I brought her home and we spent a little more conversation which ended up with me singing my composition for her. I made that song when she poured out her heart to me during the yahoo conversations. She cried after hearing it and I can still feel our first hug before I went (crazy) home. It was followed by visitations in her house, movie dates and showing up under her office building after work hours. I went home to my province to settle some things, I told her maybe I wont come back (just to see if she will miss me, she did actually) but showed up after 12 days. Then I told her I want to get committed with her and I can wait whenever she is ready. After more than a week she gave me her heart.

Our first trip as a couple was in Boracay. There, we started to build a shared future. When we went home we were so excited that we wanted to marry each other right away. I shared to her my passion for God which she accepted wholeheartedly. She shared to me her dreams of Australia which I considered my hitchhike of a lifetime. Our first plan to the big step of marrying was to tell each other’s family during the Christmas vacation which was in six months. We prayed for it earnestly, we booked tickets two months earlier and we trusted that it would push through even though I am still in probation in my job which means I can’t have leave days. But God is good.

The first time I saw her in the airport after we separated for 2 weeks, because she went home earlier, made my spirit jump off my body that it was embracing her before I stepped out of the airport gate. She was very beautiful. And so is her family. I was so glad I was accepted and treated as family too. I enjoyed the traditional Christmas eve gift giving. She was all giddy and clueless of my special Christmas gift to her. After the celebration I told her I wanted to tell her something but I didn’t know how to do it. It was funny because usually I can relay a message in a very clear manner. I was a radio announcer for 10 years, I am a communications graduate and I had a speech impediment when that moment happened. But after I inserted the ring in her finger, I need not say anything more. She also enjoyed her visit to my family which was a 5 hour road trip and a 2 hour plane ride from her place. My father prepared a bon voyage party for her before she went back home to celebrate new year with her family. Then I went back here in Manila after new year to catch up with my job and to wait for her to go back here 3 days before she leaves for Australia. I regret that I did not hug her tight or kissed her for a long time at the airport going to Australia.

The longing in that 2 weeks of separation before seeing her on Christmas vacation will be intensified this time. But I will wait for the time to be with her again and sing her yet another new song.

 
posted by ciggy at 9:25 AM | Permalink |


1 Comments:


  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger lei

    He came into my life at the most opportune time. I didn't ask for him, nor was I looking for anyone then. It turned out that I needed him, I just didn't know it at that time.

    We are both members of an online community forum, highfiber.org, and I've seen him making comments in the threads, and in those that I authored, but I didn't pay him any mind. Not until he posted a song that he composed, and sang.

    It hit me. Like a jab to the gut.

    And the more I listened to it, the more enigma shrouded his personality. I tried to find out more about him through the threads until I couldn't stop myself from asking him if I could borrow his song and use it as background music for my blog.

    That's how it all began.

    We started with an exchange of emails, then SMS. Until I found myself getting up in the mornings, excited at the prospect of talking to him online, everyday. He then started asking me out but I always end up dodging his offers. Until a week after Valentine's Day.

    February 21, 2006, it was. I finally agreed to go out on a dinner and movie date with him.

    We met in a mall near my office, and the conversation just flowed. We missed the movie, and ended up with him bringing me home for a nightcap and making me cry because he made a new composition for me, and serenaded me with it.

    We've become bonded since then. Yet, officially, we weren't a couple.. not until May 1, when everything was smooth and settled that I finally threw my life in his lap.

    Everyday, we saw each other. We did a lot of things together too --- gone to church together, went out with friends, shopped, spent weekends at home, talked --- practically everything.

    We spent a long weekend out of town, in Boracay. And there we started to make dreams about our future together.

    The pipelines have been laid down, and all we needed was our families' blessings. During the Christmas holidays 2006, I went to my hometown, and he came over a couple of weeks after. My family embraced him like he was already our own. And he popped the question on Christmas eve, albeit not articulately. It was then official.

    I got to meet his family at that time too, just before New Year, which was islands away from my home. His family was lovely, and his father prepared a going away party for me, as I was leaving for Australia in a couple of weeks.

    Seigfred and I already made plans for the wedding before I left. We have set the dates for a church wedding and a civil wedding. And also laid out plans for his impending move to Australia too to be with me.

    If all things go well, we hope for him to be already in Australia by April, so we can get married in May, and start saving up for our church wedding in December.

    We plan to have gainful employment and build our respective careers in a new environment, start a family (of four kids!) and own property for our kids' security.

    But before everything else, we have to be together at an opportune time to start walking down the shores of our dreams.