t stuff that 'iloveyou' can't say
Thursday, February 22, 2007
52 thoughts of 1942
If it weren’t you I wouldn’t be like this.

I heard break-up stories because of space gap. Whether they are only islands away, they are thousands of miles apart or even if one lives just across the street.

I have learned my lessons already. Now I am made ripe for you. When I think about those who are in the same situation as ours centuries ago, no mail systems, no instant messages, no webcams, no nothing but a hope that binds them for as long as they breathe…and they wait and wait. Sometimes I can see myself as a soldier in a war reminded only by your picture in the middle of deafening gunshots, having the will to live because somebody on the other side of the world waits for me. What would happen to us if we were in that situation? Would you find yourself a handsome young man? Would your heart beat for someone you can hold physically? For that someone who is there for you in these times that I’m not?

Companionship is a need for no man is an island. Especially that of woman to man and vice versa. Why would you want me for the many men that you encounter from day to day? On the contrary, I also know a chap who was separated 3 times from his wife but yet they still come back together. There’s also this saying that goes-- destiny is what you make of it, not where you are lead. But the mysticism of destiny also made a lot of stories bear truth.

I am praying for you everyday. That God will have mercy on my poor soul and give you to me. That you are for me-- to cherish and to love for all of my days. Since you’ve left, I am none but consumed by the time that I can see you again. I am deaf of gunshots.

With mountains and mountains of hopes, prayers, persistence, wanting, needing, wounds, scars, dreams, yearnings, faiths and faithfulness-es… prayers again and again and prayers again on which I stand through all these, I am holding on to the certainty of what I feel in the middle of this uncertainty. Just to see you and let you feel that I am already holding you. To go home to you, be with you all the times, all the split-seconds and tell you “now you are with a handsome young man”. (Now give me a snappy yes).

Carry on.

 
posted by ciggy at 9:09 AM | Permalink |


2 Comments:


  • At 1:24 PM, Blogger lei

    i love you.

    there is no uncertainty. there is only you and me and Him.

    that's all i see.

    rest all fears.

    i would have liked to go on and on and make a tirade on what i've learned about faith, but it's you who taught me that. so i assume you know. that's why i'm keeping it shut. =)

     
  • At 1:53 PM, Blogger Ziggy

    *zips worries*

    i have a lot ot say but i'll just keep them for the next letters.

    *pray again and again*