t stuff that 'iloveyou' can't say
Tuesday, February 06, 2007
71 the midnight sun
Your interviews are rockin’ n rollin’ you have another one today! But we’ll pray for that University job that you really want.

Thinking of you traversing through Melbourne and its suburbs alone breaks my heart. Why can’t I be with you when you’re feeling lost? That I can’t be physically with you when you feel tired and I know a single hug is all you need which I instinctively dispense in the middle of a blinded crowd because I know it can squeeze out all the weariness and stress that you are feeling.

Between the times that we are busy with this vacuum-of-a-world, I find my eyes searing through the thin curtain that silhouettes what is now and uncovers what is reality. If I am right now working in the office, the reality is you are inside the fold of my arm walking in a Melbourne of my mind. If I am right now waiting for the train, the reality is I am hugging you from behind while you are washing the dishes. If I am right now walking my way home, the reality is we are in the matrix with fish and chips on the red couch. If I am right now looking at the sky that looks at you, the reality is I am closing my eyes to picture out your face while I run my fingers on them. If I am right now writing this, the reality is I am looking for you in the airport sighting everyone who wears a cream sweater because you have given me instructions the night before we see each other.

The real reality is what we live in our hearts. Because everything that we experience is not what they seem to be. That’s why we shouldn’t look at silhouettes but rather get near and uncover to see the colors.

If you are right now very tired, the reality is you are in my embrace.

 
posted by ciggy at 8:23 AM | Permalink |


0 Comments: